Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Food Diversion

I realize I haven't provided too many exciting photos. This is mostly because we don't live in the new house yet (move in date is next Saturday) and we are packing stuff up here at the rental. So, I thought I would distract you with pictures of food! Yummy, colorful food!

When I came home from a long day of work, sliding on icy roads all the way, the only thing that sounded really good was pizza. I had picked up some pizza dough earlier in the week, and did a quick scan of options for toppings. Once I realized that I had turkey bacon, cherry tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, and avocados that were on the verge of going bad... I decided on a California BLT style pizza!


So for step one, I spread the dough out on a large cookie sheet (we like leftovers). I baked the dough for about ten minutes without any toppings.

Next,  I spread with one of my favorite jarred sauces by Barilla. I don't like pizzas super saucy, but you could go nuts with it if you wanted. I just put one little drop, like so.


Just kidding. Anywho, after spreading the sauce around, the next step was of course, some shredded Mozzarella cheese.

Then some crumbled turkey bacon... (I know, not the real thing... but still pretty tasty!)


Top with yummy cherry tomatoes, and end with a drizzle of olive oil.


Then I put it back the oven for about another ten minutes. Once it came out, I added sliced avocado, and voila! 

 I topped mine with some shredded iceberg lettuce bathed in a friendly helping of mayonnaise, since this is how they do it at California Pizza Kitchen.. and it's just so darn good. For my mayonnaise-averse husband, I left that part out!

4 comments:

  1. Super yum. I wish I had your cooking brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your design/painting/decorating brain! Combined, we would be a domestic goddess!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok wait, scratch that. I would rather your navigational skills if I had to choose. This way, we would be a domestic goddess who NEVER got lost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you both. I love this blog. I like pictures. I like you. :)

    ReplyDelete