Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cornucopias and Pony Walls

This is in response to my cousin Ang, my sister-in-law Andrea and my long time friend Karisse. You wanted more pictures, you got it! It will be a while until I have "before and after" pictures, so I might as well put some more photos on here, so you know where we've moving in four days!

All of these photos were taken the day we closed on the house, so they do not reflect any of the changes we've already started to make.

This was taken while standing in the dining room, facing the big curved window, which is one of my favorite parts! Anyone need a light fixture?? ;-)


This is the view of the upstairs, while standing in the room shown above...


This is the family room, or the "den." To the left (not shown in the pic), there is a railing by which someone could look down from upstairs. I made Jared promise that we wouldn't put couches directly under there, since I did not want to re-live a childhood experience that resulted in my sister's broken wrist...


There's a big wall of windows in the den where lots of light filters in. My handy husband took down that thing that's up against the ceiling by the pony wall. He called it a corbel, I didn't have the heart to tell him it's actually called a cornucopia...


Connected to the den is the kitchen, which already looks very different than it does in this picture (will post photos soon). Below the kitchen photo is a shot of the basement:


 Bathroom connected to the den:


Master Bedroom, which at this point was unpainted. It's now "Frozen Pond." I love that "eyebrow" window (someone told me that's what they're called...) The photo below that one is of the master bathroom, which was taken while standing in the bedroom.


The outside of the house...



The end!

3 comments:

  1. Hurrrrrrah! Thank you! I still don't know what a ponywall is though. i'm confused. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know there will be no acrobatics from the landing down to the den : )

    ReplyDelete